Information about pending merger through acquisition of the assets and liabilities of “Alfa SOFIX Index” mutual fund (the Merging Fund) and “Expat Bulgaria SOFIX UCITS ETF” (the Receiving Fund)
Information about pending merger through acquisition of the assets and liabilities of “Alfa SOFIX Index” mutual fund (the Merging Fund), managed by “Alfa Asset Management” ЕAD, and “Expat Bulgaria SOFIX UCITS ETF” (the Receiving Fund), managed by “Expat Asset Management” EAD
The boards of directors of the two management companies have taken the decision about the merger of the funds and the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC) has given its authorization with Decision № 854-DF on 17.11.2020 in accordance with the Law on the Activities of Collective Investment Schemes and Other Collective Investment Vehicles (LACISOCIV).
An Information Document has been drafted in accordance with the requirements of Art.151 (1) of LACISOCIV, laying out in detail the circumstances regarding the merger and the rights of shareholders in the merging and receiving funds (including procedural questions and possible effects of the merger on shareholders).
The Information Document is available to you in paper and electronic formats. Depending on your choice, you could receive the Information Document:
- On paper at the office of “Alfa Asset Management” EAD – the management company of the Merging Fund, at 14, Blvd “Tsar Osvoboditel” (Landmark Centre), ground floor, Sofia 1000 – every workday between 09:30 and 17:00, or at the office of “Expat Asset Management” EAD – the management company of the Receiving Fund, at 96A Georgi S. Rakovski, Sofia 1000, every work day between 09:00 and 18:00.
- In electronic format the Information Document is published and ready to be downloaded on the official pages of “Expat Asset Management” EAD (expat.bg) and of “Alfa Asset Management” EAD (www.alfafunds.com) through the following links:
Key Information for Investors in “Expat Bulgaria SOFIX UCITS ETF”:
It is advisable that all shareholders read the Information Document in order to get acquainted with the merger details and with their rights regarding the merging of mutual fund “Alfa SOFIX Index” into “Expat Bulgaria SOFIX UCITS ETF”, as well as with the characteristics of the Receiving Fund and the way in which it conducts its activity. It is also advisable to read the Key Information for Investors in the Receiving Fund, which is an appendix to the Information Document.
We also hereby inform you about the following important details pertaining to the merger:
1. Period for granting information to investors and for exercising investor rights to redeem shares
The owners of shares in the Merging Fund and the Receiving Fund will receive information, allowing them to exercise an informed judgment about the effect of the merger on their investment, or to exercise their right to redeem their shares. The document with information to the shareholders under with Art 151 of LACISOCIV is available to the shareholders in accordance with Art 106 of FSC Regulation № 44 in relation to § 1, p. 22 of the additional provisions of LACISOCIV. The time period for giving information to investors and for exercising the right to redeem shares is at least 30 (thirty) calendar days before the deadline to request a redemption, and starts from the day following the notification under Art. 106 of FCS Regulation № 44.
2. Date of final subscription and redemption of shares in the Merging Fund
The date of final subscription and redemption of shares in the Merging Fund is 11.01.2021.
3. Date of calculating the exchange ratio
The date of calculating the exchange ratio of shares of the Merging Fund into shares of the Receiving Fund is 18.01.2021.
4. Effective date of the merger
The effective date of the merger is 25.01.2021.
5. Disclosure of the merger
The merger is disclosed by the management companies of the receiving and the merging collective investment schemes on their web pages and the FSC has been notified about it. The management company of the Receiving Fund will submit the required documents to remove the Merging Fund from the “Bulstat” Registry, from FSC’s Collective Investment Schemes Registry in accordance with Art. 30, par.1, p.4 of the Law on the Financial Supervision Commission, and from the issue register of “Central Depositary” JSC.