Expat Greece ASE UCITS ETF
Risk profile: High-risk
Investment focus: Shares of the ASE Index (ATHEX Composite) on the Athens Stock Exchange
Minimum investment: None
Expat Greece ASE UCITS ETF is an exchange-traded fund which tracks the performance of the ASE Index (ATHEX Composite), using sampling method to track the underlying index. It is listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange and on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (XETRA). The fund is suitable for Bulgarian and foreign investors who want a liquid and diversified exposure to the Greek market and the region as a whole.
|Market||Ticker||Ticker at Bloomberg||Ticker at Reuters||ISIN|
The indicative net asset value of the ETF (iNAV) can be found here (ISIN iNAV DE000A2J0QH4).
Exchange Traded Funds (ETF, Exchange-Traded Funds) invest in shares of companies in a particular index or sector, or in commodities, etc. Expat Greece ASE UCITS ETF invests in the shares of the companies included in the ASE Index. This is the main equity index of the Athens Stock Exchange and consists of 60 companies. The ETF is using the sampling method to track the underlying index, investing in a sample of all ASE companies in proportions closely matching those of the index and within the legal limitations. The objective is to track the dynamics of the underlying index as closely as possible, while minimizing the transaction costs for the investors by not investing in the smallest components of the index which have only minimal contribution to the index’s performance. The return of the fund follows that of the index – i.e. if the Greek market goes up, the market value of the ETF shares would increase proportionally.
The ETF is an open-ended passively managed collective investment scheme. The fund does not pay dividend. The profit is reinvested, and this increases the net asset value of the fund to the benefit of investors.
Eligible investors can buy and sell their ETF shares directly from and to the ETF in the primary market, while all investors can trade the ETF's shares on the stock exchange (the secondary market).
Expat Greece ASE UCITS ETF was licensed by the Financial Supervision Commission on Dec 1, 2017. It is organized in full compliance with the EU UCITS directive.
- An easy and transparent way for investing in the Greek stock market. Investors buy the companies from the ASE Index. The portfolio of the index ETF is published and updated daily on the Expat’s website.
- Diversification. Investors gain exposure to the largest and most liquid stocks on the Athens Stock Exchange. Diversification lowers the volatility of the investment.
- Superior liquidity. The market makers of the fund maintain buy and sell quotes and ensure that the shares can be traded at any time. The primary market for purchase and redemption of shares is also open every day to larger qualified investors.
- Easy to follow. There is no need to devote time and resources to analyze, pick and follow individual stocks. Index investing is a convenient and efficient macro play.
- No income tax for investors. Capital gains (profits) from instruments traded on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange – Sofia are exempt from taxation in Bulgaria.
- No corporate taxation for the ETF. UCITS-compliant vehicles, such as the index ETF, are exempt from corporate taxation in Bulgaria.
- Low transaction fees. It is cheaper to invest in one instrument rather than in shares of multiple companies. There are no taxes in Bulgaria when buying and selling shares, only brokerage and settlement commissions.
- European regulation. The ETF is fully compliant with the UCITS directive of the European Union.
PRIMARY MARKET INFORMATION:
|Summary as of 28.09.2023|
|Net asset value per share||EUR 0.9916|
|Net asset value||EUR 178 485.87|
|Number of outstanding shares||180 000|
|Number of shares as of 28.09.2023|
|Number of shares already issued||180 000|
|New shares ordered for issuance in settlement||0|
|Shares ordered for redemption||0|
|Total number of shares||180 000|
|Orders on the primary market submitted by 3 p.m. on 28.09.2023|
|Orders for purchase of shares (number of shares)||0|
|Orders for redemption of shares (number of shares)||0|
|Since the beginning of the year||+27.87%|
|For the previous year||-11.57%|
|Since the beginning of the public offering (annualized)||-0.15%|
Net asset value per share, in EUR
slide left and right
Expat Greece ASE UCITS ETF NAV per unit compared to ASE Index close price – normalized to start at 1
slide left and right
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2021
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2020
- Interim financial statеments for H1 2020
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2019
- Interim financial statеments for H1 2019
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2018
- Interim financial statments for H1 2018
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2017