Expat Global Bonds Mutual Fund
Risk profile: Low-risk
Investment focus: Global corporate and government bonds
Minimum investment: BGN 100 (EUR 51)
Expat Global Bonds (previous name Expat Bonds) is a conservative actively-managed mutual fund with a diversified portfolio of liquid bonds (government and corporate), mainly investment grade, of issuers worldwide. The fund aims to offer a better return than bank deposits, with a considerable additional advantage – the investment in Expat Global Bonds is fully liquid and the profit is not taxable.
The fund is suitable for investors whose main priority is to achieve a balance between stability and good return potential. The shares of the fund are issued in BGN, but the instrument is not exposed to a currency risk related to the Bulgarian currency, as it is comprised mainly of instruments in USD and EUR. The Bulgarian currency (lev) is pegged to the euro at a fixed rate BGN 1.95583 through a strictly-managed statutory-mandated currency board. All Bulgarian currency in circulation is backed > 100% by the foreign exchange reserves of the Bulgarian National Bank.
Expat Global Bonds is an open-ended UCITS-compliant mutual fund with quotes twice per week. The fund received its license from the Financial Supervision Commission in 2009.
- Immediate liquidity. The fund’s units are 100% liquid, the investor may withdraw and deposit funds at any time with no yield losses.
- No capital gains taxes. Investments in mutual funds in Bulgaria are tax exempt – 0% profit tax for legal entities, 0% income tax for individuals.
- Dynamic asset allocation for better diversification and risk reduction. The fund consists of a wide number of financial instruments from different regions, economic sectors and in different currencies. Thus, the investor receives exposure to markets in which a separate investment would be more difficult and expensive. The asset allocation among instrument types, currencies, markets and economic sectors tends to achieve a superior balance between return and risk of the overall investment.
- Active and professional portfolio management. The fund is managed by a team of portfolio managers and financial analysts who monitor the markets and the global economic and political situation. We apply a long-term investment strategy and tactical allocation with the goal of obtaining a higher expected return and balanced risk.
- Low investment threshold. The minimum investment is BGN 100 (around EUR 51) which makes the mutual funds suitable for monthly savings. The Expat funds invest in financial instruments worldwide in different currencies. The funds’ shares are traded in BGN, but the investment is not exposed to risks related to the Bulgarian currency.
Past performance is no guarantee of future performance, and the value of investments can go down as well as up, leading to a significant loss of funds as a result. The profit is not guaranteed, and investors bear the risk that they may not receive the full amount of the invested funds. The investments in a mutual fund or through an investment account are not insured by a guarantee fund or in any other way.
|Summary as of 19.09.2023|
|Net asset value per share||BGN 1 493.0363|
|Net asset value||BGN 9 744 894.49|
|Number of outstanding shares||6 526.8972|
|Prices for issuance of units of the fund|
|For investments up to BGN 500 000||BGN 1 507.9667|
|For investments equal or above BGN 500 000||BGN 1 500.5015|
|Prices for redemption of units of the fund|
|Up to 24 months||BGN 1 478.1059|
|Over 24 months||BGN 1 493.0363|
- Expat mutual funds report, Q1 2019
- Expat mutual funds report, Q4 2018
- Expat mutual funds report, Q3 2018
- Expat mutual funds report, Q2 2018
- Expat mutual funds report, Q1 2018
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, Oct 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, Sept 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, Aug 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, July 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, June 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, May 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, Apr 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, March 2017
- Expat mutual funds monthly report, Feb 2017