Expat Slovakia SAX UCITS ETF
Risk profile: High-risk
Investment focus: Shares of the SAX Index on the Bratislava Stock Exchange
Minimum investment: None
Expat Slovakia SAX UCITS ETF is an exchange-traded fund which tracks the performance of the SAX Index on the Bratislava Stock Exchange, using the direct physical replication method. It is listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange and on Frankfurt Stock Exchange (XETRA). It is suitable for Bulgarian and foreign investors who want a liquid and diversified exposure to the Slovak market and the region as a whole.
|Market||Ticker||Ticker at Bloomberg||Ticker at Reuters||ISIN|
The indicative net asset value of the ETF (iNAV) can be found here (ISIN iNAV DE000A2LZV11).
Exchange Traded Funds (ETF, Exchange-Traded Funds) invest in shares of companies in a particular index or sector, or in commodities, etc. Expat Slovakia SAX UCITS ETF invests in the shares of the companies included in the SAX Index. This is the main equity index of the Bratislava Stock Exchange and consists of 5 companies. The ETF invests in all SAX companies in proportions closely matching those of the index and within the legal limitations. The return of the fund follows that of the index – i.e. if the Slovak market goes up, the market value of the ETF shares would increase proportionally.
The ETF is an open-ended passively managed collective investment scheme. The fund does not pay dividend. The profit is reinvested, and this increases the net asset value of the fund to the benefit of investors.
Eligible investors can buy and sell their ETF shares directly from and to the ETF in the primary market, while all investors can trade the ETF's shares on the stock exchange (the secondary market).
Expat Slovakia SAX UCITS ETF was licensed by the Financial Supervision Commission on Jan 4, 2018. It is organized in full compliance with the EU UCITS directive.
- An easy and transparent way for investing in the Slovak stock market. Investors buy all the companies from the SAX Index. The portfolio of the index ETF is published and updated daily on the Expat’s website.
- Diversification. Investors gain exposure to the largest and most liquid stocks on the Bratislava Stock Exchange. Diversification lowers the volatility of the investment.
- Superior liquidity. The market makers of the fund maintain buy and sell quotes and ensure that the shares can be traded at any time. The primary market for purchase and redemption of shares is also open every day to larger qualified investors.
- Easy to follow. There is no need to devote time and resources to analyze, pick and follow individual stocks. Index investing is a convenient and efficient macro play.
- No income tax for investors. Capital gains (profits) from UCITS-compliant vehicles are exempt from taxation in Bulgaria.
- No corporate taxation for the ETF. UCITS-compliant vehicles, such as the index ETF, are exempt from corporate taxation in Bulgaria.
- Low transaction fees. It is cheaper to invest in one instrument rather than in shares of multiple companies. There are no taxes in Bulgaria when buying and selling shares, only brokerage and settlement commissions.
- European regulation. The ETF is fully compliant with the UCITS directive of the European Union.
The fund is exposed to market and currency risk – the possibility of losses due to adverse changes in the value of the reference indices and unhedged exposure to the currency of the reference indices against the euro. Other risk factors:
- The net asset value of the shares and their returns may fall, the returns are not guaranteed, and the investors take the risk that they may get back less than they originally invested.
- Unusual circumstances such as trading obstruction on the stock exchange, surcharges, extremely volatile markets and others can lead to significant differences between the performance of the Fund and the performance of the Index.
- Liquidity – the risk under certain conditions that it becomes difficult or impossible to sell portfolio holdings.
- Other risks – credit risk, interest risk, tax risk, regulatory risk, political risk, operational risk, price risk, currency risk, concentration risk, systemic risk, risk of the passive fund management, risk of corporate events, tracking error risk, events that affect the Reference Index, etc.
More information about risks can be found in the Prospectus of each fund.
PRIMARY MARKET INFORMATION:
|Summary as of 28.09.2023|
|Net asset value per share||EUR 0.5964|
|Net asset value||EUR 53 672.86|
|Number of outstanding shares||90 000|
|Number of shares as of 28.09.2023|
|Number of shares already issued||90 000|
|New shares ordered for issuance in settlement||0|
|Shares ordered for redemption||0|
|Total number of shares||90 000|
|Orders on the primary market submitted by 3 p.m. on 28.09.2023|
|Orders for purchase of shares (number of shares)||0|
|Orders for redemption of shares (number of shares)||0|
|Since the beginning of the year||-1.31%|
|For the previous year||-25.52%|
|Since the beginning of the public offering (annualized)||-8.73%|
Net asset value per share, in EUR
slide left and right
Expat Slovakia SAX UCITS ETF NAV per unit compared to SAX Index close price – normalized to start at 1
slide left and right
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2021
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2020
- Interim financial statеments for H1 2020
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2019
- Interim financial statеments for H1 2019
- Annual report on the activity of the fund, 2018
- Interim financial statments for H1 2018