Expat Serbia BELEX15 UCITS ETF
Risk profile: High-risk
Investment focus: Shares of the BELEX15 Index on the Belgrade Stock Exchange
Minimum investment: None
Expat Serbia BELEX15 UCITS ETF is an exchange-traded fund which tracks the performance of the BELEX15 Index on the Belgrade Stock Exchange, using the direct physical replication method. It is listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange and on Frankfurt Stock Exchange (XETRA). It is suitable for Bulgarian and foreign investors who want a liquid and diversified exposure to the Serbian market and the region as a whole.
|Market||Ticker||Ticker at Bloomberg||Ticker at Reuters||ISIN|
The indicative net asset value of the ETF (iNAV) can be found here (ISIN iNAV DE000A2LZV29).
Exchange Traded Funds (ETF, Exchange-Traded Funds) invest in shares of companies in a particular index or sector, or in commodities, etc. Expat Serbia BELEX15 UCITS ETF invests in the shares of the companies included in the BELEX15 Index. This is the main equity index of the Belgrade Stock Exchange and consists of 11 companies. The ETF invests in all BELEX15 companies in proportions closely matching those of the index and within the legal limitations. The return of the fund follows that of the index – i.e. if the Serbian market goes up, the market value of the ETF shares would increase proportionally.
The ETF is an open-ended passively managed collective investment scheme. The fund does not pay dividend. The profit is reinvested, and this increases the net asset value of the fund to the benefit of investors.
Eligible investors can buy and sell their ETF shares directly from and to the ETF in the primary market, while all investors can trade the ETF's shares on the stock exchange (the secondary market).
Expat Serbia BELEX15 UCITS ETF was licensed by the Financial Supervision Commission on Jan 4, 2018. It is organized in full compliance with the EU UCITS directive.
- An easy and transparent way for investing in the Serbian stock market. Investors buy all the companies from the BELEX15 Index. The portfolio of the index ETF is published and updated daily on the Expat’s website.
- Diversification. Investors gain exposure to the largest and most liquid stocks on the Belgrade Stock Exchange. Diversification lowers the volatility of the investment.
- Superior liquidity. The market makers of the fund maintain buy and sell quotes and ensure that the shares can be traded at any time. The primary market for purchase and redemption of shares is also open every day to larger qualified investors.
- Easy to follow. There is no need to devote time and resources to analyze, pick and follow individual stocks. Index investing is a convenient and efficient macro play.
- No income tax for investors. Capital gains (profits) from instruments traded on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange – Sofia are exempt from taxation in Bulgaria.
- No corporate taxation for the ETF. UCITS-compliant vehicles, such as the index ETF, are exempt from corporate taxation in Bulgaria.
- Low transaction fees. It is cheaper to invest in one instrument rather than in shares of multiple companies. There are no taxes in Bulgaria when buying and selling shares, only brokerage and settlement commissions.
- European regulation. The ETF is fully compliant with the UCITS directive of the European Union.
|Summary as of 14.02.2019|
|Net asset value per share||EUR 0.8142|
|Net asset value||EUR 65 136.70|
|Number of outstanding shares||80 000|
|Eligible investors can buy and sell shares in the primary market. The price for issuing or redemption of shares on the primamry market is equal to the NAV per share, calculated at the end of the day of the order, plus an issuance/redemption fee indicated in the prospectus or in a contract signed between the investor and the management company. The standard fee for orders on the primary market is 2% of the order amount.|
|Number of shares as of 14.02.2019|
|Number of shares already issued||80 000|
|New shares ordered for issuance in settlement||0|
|Shares ordered for redemption||0|
|Total number of shares||80 000|
|Orders on the primary market submitted by 3 p.m. on 14.02.2019|
|Orders for purchase of shares (number of shares)||0|
|Orders for redemption of shares (number of shares)||0|
Net asset value per share, in EUR
slide left and right
Expat Serbia BELEX15 UCITS ETF NAV per unit compared to BELEX15 Index close price – normalized to start at 1
slide left and right